Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Under The Hood Transformation Stage 1


I pulled out the engine and began the detailing process, Lots of scrubbing,scraping,sanding painting and polishing. I decided to convert the car from an A/C to non A/C for a clean uncluttered look under the hood. After carefully removing cleaning and storing the A/C components to have the option to reinstall them at a later date, I found this conversion far more expensive and complicated then I originally anticipated. To properly do this and retain the heater you have to replace the dash controls,heater core and the bulky A/C box on the firewall. At this time I found a company on the Internet called American Graffiti that manufactured a fiberglass A/C delete box that replaces the factory A/C box and has a clean factory look. This allowed me to easily complete the conversion without the hassle of exchanging the heater core or controls while keeping a functional heater.

No comments: